I can’t believe the month of October is almost over! We did our annual Pumpkin Patch trip and ended up buying pumpkins from Trader Joe’s lol (go figure). While there we also found the cutest cookie haunted house that ended up looking like more of a fixer upper than anything.
I have never been into Halloween or fall activities prior to having kids but something about doing these activities with them, feeds my own inner child I guess! Today is actually Halloween so later this afternoon, we’ll be heading to their fall harvest party dressed as Astronauts and fingers crossed I’ll grab some good candy from their bowls tonight.
Recipe of the Week:
Pumpkin dutch baby pancakes
If you’re following along on my TikTok or Instagram, you’ll know i recently made THEE MOST delicious pumpkin dutch baby pancakes! I prefer these over traditional because you don’t need to hover and watch or flip them!
What You’ll Need:
- 4 Eggs
- 1 C Flour
- 1 C Milk (or milk alternative)
- 1/2 stick of butter + 2 TBSP(melted)
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a cast iron skillet
- Mix all other ingredients until smooth
- Pour mix into cast iron skillet
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.