This is one of my favorite recipes to make during the week because it’s quick and easy to make plus 9 times out of 10, I’ll always have all of these ingredients on hand.
For my bowl, I’ll top it off with a bit of guacamole or sour cream and lettuce cups to give it some additional texture and flavor! You can also add in things like bell pepper, diced avocado, corn, green onion, quinoa, brown rice literally whatever you have!
Here’s What You’ll need:
- 2 Chicken Breasts (diced)
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 can Black Beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro
- Add diced chicken breast to instant pot with all seasonings and toss until coated evenly
- Add Black Beans, Salsa and Tomato Sauce along with 1/4 cup of chicken stock and stir all ingredients
- Top with white rice and the remaining 3/4 cup of chicken stock and DO NOT STIR.
- Set instant pot to 10 minutes and do quick release once done.
- Stir in chopped fresh cilantro and serve with your favorite toppings!
For myself, I prefer to add guacamole and sour cream and serve inside of lettuce cups to give extra flavor and texture. For Baby, I serve along side with cucumbers or sliced avocado!
This recipe was adapted by Together as Family