Recently, I had a delicious lavender matcha latté and then decided that I would dedicate almost everyday since trying one, perfecting my own version at home. The key is in finding a good grade of matcha that blends well with liquid using minimal effort (I went though trial and error so you wouldn’t have to LOL), and a nice creamy milk to carry the flavors and soften the bitterness of the tea. I opt for oat milk since it’s very creamy and also froths well.
Although matcha green tea is caffeinated, the energy is longer lasting and not as intense as it is with coffee. It almost feels like a relaxing boost of energy if that makes sense. Plus, the jade hued powder is loaded with antioxidants, vitamin c and comes with a host of other health & beauty benefits.
What You’ll need:
- Matcha Powder – I use this one
- Fresh or dried Lavender buds
- Agave (optional)
- Whisk or electric milk frother
- Oat milk (this is my favorite one to use)
- dried or fresh lavender for garnish (optional)
Lets get started!
- Steep 1TBSP of fresh or dried lavender in 2 cups of boiling water for 20 minutes (add 1/2 cup honey or agave if you want to make into a simple syrup). Let cool and store in fridge.
- Add a serving of matcha and water to a cup or bowl and whisk or blend with frother until matcha powder has blended smoothly with the water and is slightly frothy.
- Add ice to drinking glass and pour in lavender tea (i use about 1/2 cup)
- Top with oat milk, matcha mixture and a sprinkle of lavender buds.
- Enjoy 🙂