The weather is still warm out but I can’t help getting into my fall/pumpkin spice bag now that we’re halfway through September. I would love to know the science behind the excitement for all things fall inspired! Trader Joe’s has this delicious pumpkin spice brioche bread that’s perfect for a good fall inspired breakfast recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 4 slices of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin spice brioche
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TBSP Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp (separated) pumpkin spice seasoning
- 2 TBSP Butter
- Marscapone cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh blackberries
- 1TBSP Honey
For Fruit compote:
1. Add seasonal fruit, honey and 1/4 pumpkin spice seasoning in a cup and mash with a muddler or fork until smooth
For French Toast:
1. Mix egg, 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning and vanilla in shallow bowl
2. Dip brioche slices in egg mixture on both sides
3. Warm pan on stovetop over medium heat & add butter
4. When butter is sizzling, add brioche slices to pan and cook on each side for 2 minutes
5. Remove from pan, spread marscapone cheese on top and top with blackberry compote.
I love how simple but delicious this recipe is. Depending on the season or what you have on hand, you can always swap out ingredients for others ones to customize it to your liking!