This was my first summer as a mom and it’s safe to say I tried my very best in getting outdoors, showing my son the beaches and taking walks at the parks. With that came a slew of items handy to make those trips a little easier with a newborn! Here are my 5 essential items for summer with a baby!
1. Foldable chair: I found this chair on Amazon and I really love it when at the beach or park because it’s lightweight yet sturdy and comes with it’s own carrying case. A bonus is you can pop on a tray when it’s time to eat!
2. USB Portable fan: this fan is PERFECT for looping onto a stroller or car seat handle on those super hot days when you don’t want baby to get too hot. There are three speeds to choose from and it charges via USB port. The fan also holds a charge for a pretty long time which is always a plus in my book.
3. Beach Bag tote: i can fit all my essentials in this bag while still looking cute (very important for me lol). It’s lightweight and pretty sturdy as well. You can easily throw a large linen napkin inside and use it as a mini picnic tote as well.
4. Supergoop Play! SPF 50 sunscreen: I love this sunscreen because it’s safe to use for both me AND baby. Now that he’s older than 6 months, it’s crucial I make sure to apply sunscreen on him anytime we’re out in the sun. It applies pretty lightweight and does not leave that annoying white cast on his brown skin.
5. *Beaba stainless steel straw sippy cup: when out in the heat it’s important to keep water on hand for baby, but most of the plastic sippy cups tend to get warm over time while out and might also leak if you’re not careful. Since this one is stainless steel, it keeps liquids cooler longer, plus it opens and closes with the straw still in tact so NO MESS! A bonus is it’s also easy to take apart and clean.
What were your summer must haves?
*item was gifted