Hope everyone had a happy holiday! I don’t know about yours, but my holiday season usually always filled with decadent foods, yummy desserts, seeing family and an occasional nap under a cozy blanket.
One of my favorite desserts to make at home or for a family gathering is a nice gooey, buttery, rich blueberry cobbler. Bonus points if you pair it with Talenti’s Madagascar vanilla bean ice cream 🤤. It has just enough butter, blueberry and a hint of lemon zest to add a little citrus to the mix. Plus it will make your house smell better than ANY birthday cake candle you can find in Home Goods. (Yes you can quote me on that).
It’s a no fuss recipe that calls for things already probably in your pantry aside from the fresh blueberries!
You’ll need the following tools:
- 9 x 13 glass pan
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Hand held or Standing mixer
- Potato Masher (if you don’t have, use the back of a wooden spoon)
- Large Spoon
- Small glass or ceramic bowl
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter (12TPSB) – 4TBSP cut into 8 pieces and 8TBSP melted and set aside
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups fresh blueberries (if frozen, make sure to thaw out ahead of time)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
• Add 1/4 cup sugar and all of the fresh lemon zest into a small bowl and mix/mash with a fork until evenly combined.
• In a large bowl add blueberries and 1TBSP of the lemon zest and sugar mixture. Mash blueberries and sugar mix with the potato masher coarsely mashed. Set aside.
• Remove the 9 x 13 glass dish from the oven if you already haven’t and evenly pour batter into the baking dish.
. Enjoy 😉 💙
What are some of your favorite holiday recipes and desserts?
Recipe adapted from Here